Meet Paula, our new Administrative Assistant and Content Writer here at Creative 7 Designs! Paula recently moved from Colorado where she received her BA in English and Journalism from Colorado State University. She loves running, rock climbing, backpacking and hosting friends. We asked her a few questions so you could get to know her, here’s what she had to say:
1. What’s your favorite song from the 90’s?
I was born in 1995, so I wasn’t too pop culture relevant in the 90s…but my grungy side loves old Green Day.
2. What is your hot beverage of choice?
I love coffee, but when I want a treat, I love London Fogs.
3. What is your emotional response to the color yellow?
It depends on the shade, but generally happy!
4. What is the weirdest pet you have ever had?
Nothing too weird but growing up I had a very fat, orange cat named Bobby.
5. If you could have a conversation with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?
I would love to have a conversation with one of my favorite authors, C.S. Lewis.
6. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
I was and admittedly still am a huge Friends fan.
7. If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?
I would choose teleportation…I hate getting stuck in traffic!!
8. What does your name mean/does it suit you?
My name means “small” and “humble.” Not the most exciting adjectives but I suppose I am physically small, and I strive to be humble, so sure!
9. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Getting to eat breakfast with my new husband!
10. Do you have any irrational fears?
I’m so scared of spiders!!
11. What would the title of your memoir be?
I keep coming back to this one, I don’t know…
12. If you were a color, what would you be and why?
I would be a magenta pink color…it reminds me of a sunrise over the Rocky Mountains which is one of my favorite sights!
13. What are three things still left on your bucket list?
1. Run the Pike’s Peak Ascent
2. Live and serve overseas
3. Coach cross country
14. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
My favorite teacher was Mr. Hutchins at Colorado State. He taught my capstone English class that looked at poverty in America. He challenged us to consider and serve impoverished populations; it was a really powerful class.
15. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I think a teacher or a professional skier.
16. Which three words best describe you?
Mindful, Kind, Fun
17. If you could travel in time, would you go to the past or the future? Why?
I would go to the past to see dinosaurs!
18. How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered as friendly, welcoming, and as a kind leader.
19. Do you have any random pastimes you enjoy?
I love to run, rock climb, cook and host.
20. How would you describe what you do at work to a child?
I make lists and take notes and write stories about the people we help.